Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tomy Mushy Poty

Wellington is the capital of New Zealand and the waves of the streets just confirm that. Although I was there on a sunny Sunday I managed to find an open organic store. Well, it is not that easy to find shops and restaurants open in the Kiwi land. Except of supermarket all others close at six the latest. You can find some caffees that close at half past three though, but they do not serve dinner. Difficult to understand for us Europeans;) The organic store Common Sense Organic(http://www.commonsenseorganics.co.nz/) was very good stocked. If I was at home I’d fill at least two troleys;) But here I have to limit myself;) So, today’s dinner was consisted of Portobello Mushrooms with tomato sauce and new potatoes, thus Tomy Mushy Poty.
For the Poty part of the story start with: half kilo medium sized young potatoes, 2 T olive oil and salt. Cut the young patatoes lengthwise into 4 to 6 chunks. Put the potatoes in a microwave set at high for 8 minutes. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and panfry the potatos until golden. Season with salt.
For the mushroom sauce you need: 4 cloves of garlic (crushed), 2 spring onions (chopped), olive oil, 300 g (Portobello) mushrooms (diced), 150 g tomato sauce, mix herbs and salt. Saute the garlic and onions. After some minutes add the mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and the herbs mixture. Season to taste and serve with potaotes. I nearly forgot to mention - with Tomy Mushy Poty a local Merlot goes really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment