Thursday, December 3, 2009

The discovery of the month: Pumpkin Salad

As I was trekking the whole day (in the morning in the Redwood forest, in the afternoon trekking and sightseeing around the lakes), I didn’t have time to cook, so I went with my Brazilian friend for an easy lunch in the Lime cafeteria. My decision where to go was again brilliant as we enjoyed the view of the Rotorua lake and indulged ourselves in a good lunch and local beer. I have never eaten a Pumpkin Salad. So I was very curios to try it. The dish actually excedeed my expectation. The combination of pumpkin, chickpeas, feta cheese, capsicum and olive oil was just perfect. I really need to do it by myself when I get home.

Today’s lunch was completed with a perfect cappuccino with soy milk. I’m still impressed that you can order coffee with soy milk everywhere here in New Zealand. I can’t understand why this is so difficult to arrange in Europe. Of course you can charge more, for example here you have to pay around half a euro more compared with a regular cappuccino. But people who drink coffee with soy milk are on average prepared to pay more. In other words: people who go for a healthier way of life are prepared to pay a premium price for their food and beverages. A classical example is organic food. Thus I don’t see any reason why the cafeterias, restaurant don’t go for this option – at least some of them. Maybe they should broaden their horizons a bit.

1 comment: