Kiwis are big on BBQ and the main thing they do on Xmas is going to the beach or just outdoor and have a BBQ. So being for Xmas in the Kiwi land is was necessary also for us to have our own BBQ. Of course ours was different than the traditional Kiwis’ as we didn’t include any meat. Instead we grilled plenty of vegetables, including aubergines, pumpk
ins, peppers and the best of all Portobello mushrooms. I simply seasoned them with herb salt and olive oil and grilled them until tender. The big salad wasn’t absent, this time I garnished it with a local nut and spice dipping mix called “Roasted Dukkah”. It consists of brasil nuts, cashews, hazel nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, herbs, spices and salt. For the dessert a local chocolate I bought in Greytown - lime chilli dark chocolate (see www.chocolatetherapy.com).
Althoudh I have been traveling for nearly a month now I’m still impressed that you can find cappuccino with soy milk nearly everywhere. Today I was practically at the end of the world in Milford sound, but I still got my big soy cappuccino with cinnamon topping. Incredible;)
No comments:
Post a Comment