Sunday, December 13, 2009

Creamy Sweet Potatoes & Spinach

Before I reveal my new backpacker recipe, I’ve finally received a n overwhelming confirmation that my hobby is very practical. As I wanted to see some good stuff around Raglan I took a local agency. The guide was a very interesting person. When talking about hobbies he told me that his hobby was to collect parrots. He had more than 60 of them. But when he took the decision to move, he had to abandon them one by one. Moreover, his girlfriend is fixed with frogs. I don’t remember how many frogs she has, but I do remember that the biggest cost her 2.500 US dollars. Thus my hobby is not just practical (what can you do with more than 60 parrots and millions of frog?), but also quite convenient (if you don’t count my cookbooks;).

The below described sweet potatoes I transformed in Creamy Sweet Potatoes & Spinach. I bought: olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, spinach, 2 small sweet potatoes, half of a tin of coconut cream, salt & pepper. If I was at home, I’d use nutmeg as well. Crush the garlic and sauté them in olive oil. Cut the spinach and add it to the garlic. Meanwhile cook the potatoes. When the potatoes are cooked, dice them. Add the potatoes to the garlic (if the leaves of spinach are big, cut them in smaller ones). Stir and add the coconut cream. Season to taste and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment