Unfortunately today is raining like cats and dogs. As the outdoor activities are limited, nearly everyone is staying inside and entertaining himself with movies, books and of course food. Now I’m staying in a Maori owned hostel in Taupo – Tiki Lodge (www.tikilodge.co.nz), which has a great kitchen (see picture). It is really good equipped, so the guests are preparing more demanding dishes as for example lasagna, cakes etc. Well, for just one this is not really efficient thus I keep to more simple dishes. O yes, I nearly forgot – finally I found an organic shop. It called Hardy’s Organic (www.hardys.co.nz). They have quite a good variety of food and cosmetics. Among all I bought a honey-apple vinegar and oat wraps, which were the first in line to be used for lunch.
My today’s lunch consisted of Asparagus Wraps and a mixed salad. Have prepared: olive oil, asparagus, wraps, cheese, herbs mixture (I had an Italian herbs mixture), salt and pepper. I heated the olive oil (organic and made in NZ!), cut the asparagus and sautéed them for around ten minutes. Meanwhile I grated the cheese and prepared the salad. When the asparagus were soft, I added the herbs and cheese. Season to taste. The final step is to put the mixture in the wraps, roll them and heat for a minute and two. Serve with salad. Desert ? Dried golden kiwi;)
No comments:
Post a Comment