Sunday, November 29, 2009

Food: Venice-New Zealand (1)

Traveling is one of my greatest passion. Especially I like remote places. For a long time I've been dreaming about New Zealand. As a student I had all the time in the world, but I didn't have enough money. Once I was very near to save the minimum budget, but than by accident I poured some water on my laptop... and as I was writing my diploma thesis, I had to buy a new one. And my NZ was postponed again;(

But this year I did it;) After a long preparation I got seven weeks of holidays (thanx my employers, I'm really grateful;) and the time of the departure came. When I booked the flight tickets, I was very satisfied to fly with the Emirates. Last year I traveled with them to Indonesia and the service, including the food, was excellent. Well, this time I was a bit dissapointed. As usually I ordered the vegan meal. For all the veggies: if you want a special meal on the flight, you need to order it when you book the tickets or at least 24 hours before the departure. The best way to not be hungry on the plane,(which is a pain on long flights), is to order the special meal when booking and than check it before departure.

So, where the disappointment comes from? On my first flight (Venice - Dubai) the food was nothing special. I got some rice and soy beans with grilled veggies. Two leaves of salad and some fruit. I can not say it was disgusting but neither it was a gourmet dish. Ok, I know this is food on planes. But on the other hand I can still remember the last year's food and it was much much better. The lady sitting next to me had the Asian vegetarian dish. I don't know how it tasted but it looked much better than mine. There was rice as well with veggies and tofu. However, when I came to the Dubai airport I went for a vegetarian wrap and some dates;) Now let's see if Emirates performs better on the flight Dubai-Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment