Sunday, November 29, 2009

What's happening?

Some people asked me whether I quitted my blog. Of course not. The main reason of not writing recently is that I'm on my way to a long trip. Being absent for seven weeks requires lots of preparation, which results in no time for cooking;( But although the hurry I managed to organise my second cooking course, which become nearly a tradition;) As some friends continued to ask me how I prepare my delicious dishes, I organised a cooking course. The first one happened last year on the third sunday of November . And so did this year, thus we called it traditional;) Here are some pics of the event: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=163738&id=526508477

Saying the truth it's not just "mine" cooking course, actually I prepared it with my beloved, but the main organizational activities are on me, for instance, the menu, shopping etc. On on the d-day we divide our friends in two groups: one was cooking with me and one with him. Last year we were in total 12, so 6 in each group. This year we decided to have a smaller group - three attendants in each group (plus one of us), so in total we were eight.

What did we cook? Mine group prepared 5 dishes: Hot White Soup, Pumpkin Steaks with Nut Pesto, Mexican Salad, Kiwi-Pear or just Fruit Fantasy and the Simple Chocolate Cake. Most of my friends appreciated the soup although they found it quite spicy. I liked the Fruit Fantasy the most. The other group prepared 4 dishes: Onion's Ciabatte, Guacamole, Mushrooms Cups and Three-Colour Lasagna (made of spinach, vegan curd and butter squash). Everything was delicious, but for me the Onion's Ciabatte were great;) We really indulged ourselves in the delicious meals accompanied with home made wine and good company. Next year we'll do it again;)

No comments:

Post a Comment